The BEST decisions are founded on the gathering of complete information.
Commonwealth Investigations, Inc. (CII), established in 1985, has a proven track record. We are experienced law enforcement professionals trusted by judges, and attorneys, and clients to obtain careful and precise information. We are responsive to our clients' needs while maintaining the strictest confidentiality. Our experience allows us to effectively communicate with all types of individuals even under the most trying of circumstances and in the most delicate of situations. We provide a wide range of investigative services and full preparation of accurate and complete reports. We have a competitive rate structure.
- Richard J. Tynan, President
Mr. Tynan's background includes a Bachelor of Science Degree in Law Enforcement and Administration, George Mason University, Fairfax, Virginia 1978.
- Licensed Private Investigator 1982 - Present
- Probation and Parole Officer - Virginia Department of Corrections, Division of Probation and Parole, Fairfax, Virginia 1979-1985.
- Federal Law Enforcement Academy, Washington, D.C. 1974.
- U.S. Park Police Specialized Training, Washington, D.C. 1974
- Metropolitan Police Department, Washington, D.C. 1972 - 1974
- 24/7 contact number (703) 981-6939
Ethical Conduct & Results
- Specializing in Family Law & Criminal Defense
- Prompt; Reliable; Confidential
- Licensed & Insured
- Life member and past president Private Investigators Association of VA
CII works with law firms, business and individuals to provide numerous support services including:
- Expert surveillance and photography
- Witness location & recording statements
- Polygraph examinations and analysis
- Service of process
- Background investigations
Expertise in the following areas:
- Criminal defense
- Divorce & Child Custody
- DUI defense; Traffic Violations
- Fraud and white collar crimes
- Patent and copyright infringements
- Insurance and accident cases
- Lifestyle Investigations
- Substance Abuse Intervention
Appeared and testified in the following local jurisdictions:
- United States District Court for the the Eastern
District of VA
- Alexandria Circuit Court
- Arlington County Circuit Court
- Fairfax County Circuit Court
- Loudon County Circuit Court
- Prince William County Circuit Court
- D.C. Superior Court
Commonwealth Investigations, Inc.
P.O. Box 2712 Alexandria, VA 22301
Shenandoah Valley Office
P.O. Box 2, Orkney Springs, VA 22845
24/7 contact number (703) 981-6939